Easy Interactions is a system for Unreal Engine 4 created fully in blueprints. It makes blueprint communication faster and easier to implementm, more unified and very flexible.
Buy on sellfy.com
Easy Interactions system makes blueprint communication faster and easier to implement, more unified and very flexible. It can be useful in small as well as in big and complex projects, where chagnes are expensive. Using couple of components you can easily make objects that player can interact with and objects that can interact between each other. All that without intefaces.
How it works?
The core element of Easy Interactions are Signals. They are chunks of information that can be sent and received by Signal Transciever component. There are various prebuild signal types, each containing different data – Void, Bool, Integer, Float, Name, Interaction, Vector, Transform etc. You can also easily create your own signal type.
Signal Transciever component makes sending and receiving signals between various blueprints a breeze. No more messing around with interfaces. Just add Signal Transciever component and you’re ready to go.
In addition you have Direct Interaction Component that makes player able to interact with your blueprints. Trace Interactor component is core of player blueprint releasing you from tracing for interactive actors.
All components and examples are very customizable, well commented and fully described.
System consists of:
- 5 actor components:
- Direct Interaction Component – Enables direct interactions from Trace Interactor.
- Hud Message Viewer – Little component that enables viewing messages on player’s HUD.
- Mass Component – Simple component that enables blueprint for wieghting.
- Signal Transciever – Most important component of whole system. It is responsible for transmitting and receiving signals.
- Trace Interactor – Enables direct interactions. Intended to be used in player blueprint, attached to the camera
- 13 interactive example blueprints:
- BP_Button – One of the most complex blueprint example. Fully customizable button.
- BP_Door – Door that can be opened/closed and locked/unlocked.
- BP_FloatFlywheel – Flywheel that can store some “energy”.
- BP_GaugeMeter – Gauge that shows float value and and can output signals on 3 configurable states.
- BP_LogicGate – Example of how to use signals in logic operations.
- BP_PlayerCharacter – Example of player blueprint able to directly interact with other blueprint examples.
- BP_Scales – Simple pressure plate that can weight multiple objects.
- BP_SignalDelay – Blueprint delaying incomming signals.
- BP_Spawner – Example of spawning actor from class transmitted via signals.
- BP_Switch – Very simple, but effective switch.
- BP_WallLamp – Simple wall lamp that can receive some signal inputs.
- BP_WeightedCube – Physics cube that can be weighted by BP_Scales.
- BP_TriggerBox – Barebones trigger box that can send name signal.
The best way to present Easy Interactions is by an example. Lets make player that can interact with button that can toggle lamp on and off:
Link to wiki containing some documentation: http://xkonti.pl/docs/doku.php?id=e